Home Who? How? Why? Where? When? Contact

Morton Manor
7.30pm
1st Thursday of each month.
Latest News

Why did I join Speakers Club?

I had wanted to join Speakers for a long time but didn't have the time in my very busy life. The very heavy work load was reduced and I joined about 2 years ago. Haven't regretted it at all and thoroughly enjoy the meetings and the support from other club members- Barbara Inglis, member for 2 years. In a peer group assessment, a fellow-manager said, ‘Ella has some good ideas and should speak up more in management meetings’. I knew she was right. I suffered from stage-fright and was determined to overcome this. I saw a leaflet in Morton Community Centre about Speakers Club. I telephoned them and they invited me to a meeting. The rest is history. I am now the Club’s Education Director; I’ve competed in many competitions over the past two years and I have overcome my stage fright. I am completely hooked on public speaking and value the support and feedback from other members. It’s fun- Ella Atherton, member for 3 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds fun!